ERES attaches great importance to the protection of your privacy and your data.
We are committed to offering products and services of the highest quality. Our existing or potential customers are of great value to us and we seek to protect your personal data as much as possible.
The ERES Online Data Protection Policy explains how ERES collects, processes and protects your personal data when you visit our website or when you purchase ERES products through our website, as required by data protection laws in force in the countries in which we operate, including the European General Regulation on Data Protection (Regulation 2016/679, known as the 'GRDP'). This Policy applies to the Website.
1 . Who is responsible for processing your personal data?
The ERES website is operated by ERES SAS in France ('ERES' or 'us'). ERES may then disclose information to its affiliates in accordance with the guarantees set forth in this Policy.
All sales made via this website's online store are fulfilled by ERES SAS.
All marketing communications are sent to you by ERES SAS. In some countries, the name of the local ERES entity may nevertheless be mentioned in marketing communications. This is only to facilitate your exchanges with our local entity if you want to contact it.
If you wish to contact ERES, please refer to the section entitled 'How to contact ERES for any questions regarding data protection' below.
2. What personal data do we collect and how do we collect?
Information you provide to us directly.
The information collected online on our website, for example when you subscribe to the Newsletter proposed by ERES or when you create your customer account in the ERES online shop;
Important notice: When we collect personal data through forms, including electronic forms, we indicate the required fields with asterisks. If the fields marked with an asterisk are not completed, this may prevent you from accessing our products or services. Please ensure that the personal data you submit is accurate/precise and do not transmit any content that is not expressly requested by a questionnaire or any other means we can use to collect data (such as commercial information, advertisements, personal creations, ideas or concepts).
Information about you that we obtain indirectly.
Other information about you is collected indirectly when you visit the ERES website. This information is technically necessary for the correct functioning of the ERES website, to improve your browsing experience or to allow ERES to perform analyses that will enable us to better serve you by customising the online services that we offer you.
- - Technical information, such as IP address and cookies, related to your browsing on our website, for connection and identification of your country/city by geolocation;
- - Information about your online profile and the data relating to the use of the website (for example: behavioural analysis via cookies and similar technologies, monitoring your browsing of the website, registration of products placed in the shopping cart);
- - Personal data collected through media platforms and social networks (for example, when you follow the pages of ERES on these social networks, the personal information you have designated as public and which may be viewed by all from your profile on said social networks).
Our website does not specifically target minors. However, if we inadvertently collect information relating to minors, the legal representative of the minor concerned may exercise the minor's rights in their name and on behalf of the minor at any time (see below).
3. For what purposes do we collect your personal data?
If you are an existing or potential ERES customer, we may use your personal data to:
- - enable you to browse our website and use your personal account online;
- - enable you to buy ERES products in our ERES stores;
- - enable you to access the services of ERES in our ERES shops, or on our website - for example, to make an appointment or create a wish list for ERES products;
- - enable you to access our after-sales services;
- - comply with our legal obligations, including, among other things, the fight against credit card fraud;
- - gather your opinion on our ERES products and services, in particular through surveys and questionnaires;
- - compile statistics and conduct financial and business studies;
- - keep you informed about our latest collections, products, campaigns and other events, by sending you ERES communications (by e-mail, by post or on your phone: calls, chats, SMS and MMS and by third-party media platforms);
- - enable us to better understand your interests and preferences so that we can offer personalised offers and other services that better meet your needs and wishes;
4. How do we process your personal data?
The processing of your personal data that we perform is based on our obligation to comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
It is also based on the need to fulfil the contract of sale with you, to provide you with the website or any other online service that you have requested or, if required by law, your consent.
We can also build on our legitimate interest in making sales and fulfilling our commitment to provide you with uninterrupted after-sales services and high-quality, long-term customised service.
5. To whom can we disclose your personal data?
Your personal data will only be accessible to a limited number of people who need to know it in the course of their duties: only employees of ERES who work in the teams that need to hold your information (for example, the Customer Relationship Management team, the Sales team and the IT Department) will have access to your personal data;
Your personal data will not be disclosed to third parties, except to other ERES entities for the above purposes and to service providers acting on behalf of ERES, on the basis of secure contractual agreements which will include strict obligations in respect of data protection. We will communicate your personal data to service providers or suppliers who help us operate our website, conduct our business, provide services to you or protect the security and integrity of our business (including providers of computer maintenance, security and support services, hosting providers, payment service providers, marketing and advertising partners, direct mail or customer relationship services, etc.).
ERES may also be obliged to transfer personal data to third parties if authorised authorities so request, in accordance with the laws and regulations in force. We may also transfer personal data to another legal entity in the event of working together, joint venture, reorganisation, change of legal status or any other similar event. In the event of a merger or sale, your personal data will be definitively transferred to our successor.
6. Transfer of data abroad
The legal and regulatory requirements in force are taken into account before any transfer of your data abroad.
- - Any transfer of data outside your country will be governed by appropriate contractual safeguards, which will also comply with applicable laws and regulations;
- - Transfers of data between CHANEL entities will eventually be covered by the Binding Corporate Rules when these have been approved by the data protection authorities.
A copy of these documents may be sent to you upon request.
7. How long will we retain your personal data?
In line with our commitment to offering products and services of the highest quality, we believe that our products should entitle you to personalised customer service and unparalleled after-sales services. To this end, and to guarantee such services, we may need to keep your personal data as long as necessary to provide such services.
Your personal data will be kept in particular until your last use or your last purchase of our products or services, and in principle up to ten years thereafter, except if the local laws in force require us to keep it longer or for a lesser period, or if we have a legitimate and legal interest in so doing.
Cookies managed by ERES are kept for up to 13 months.
ERES respects the retention periods imposed by the laws and regulations in force. If your data is no longer required to provide a service (including the aforementioned after-sales service) or if you no longer wish to be added to our Newsletters or Events mailing list, your data will be deleted or archived anonymously or under a pseudonym in order to comply with the regulations in force.
8. What are your rights
- - A right of access and information:you have the right to be informed in a concise, transparent, understandable and easily accessible way of how your personal data is processed. You also have the right to obtain (i) confirmation of whether personal data about you is being processed or not, and, where applicable, (ii) to access and obtain a copy of such personal data.
- - A right of rectification:you have the right to have your personal data rectified. You also have the right to request that your incomplete personal data be completed.
- - A right to erasure:in some cases, you have the right to obtain the erasure of your personal data.
- - A right to restrict processing:in some cases you have the right to obtain a restriction over the processing of your personal data.
- - Right to data portability:you have the right to receive personal data that you have provided to ERES in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable form, and you have the right to transfer that data to another processor without any impediment from ERES. This right only applies if the processing of your personal data is based on your consent or the performance of a contract and this processing is done using automated processes.
- - A right to oppose processing:you have the right to oppose the processing of your personal data when such processing is based on the legitimate interest of ERES. You also have the right to oppose, at any time, the processing of your personal data for commercial prospecting purposes.
To exercise the aforementioned rights, please contact us using the channels indicated below and give us the following information: first name, last name, e-mail address and any other information necessary to confirm your identity and allow us to process your request (your postal address for example).
You also have the right to unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time:
- - by simply clicking on the 'Unsubscribe' link at the bottom of each Newsletter;
- - through your online account, under 'Your profile';
- - by informing one of our ERES shops;
- - by contacting ERES Customer Service
Finally, you have the right to file a complaint with the relevant supervisory authorities in the event of a violation of applicable data protection laws and regulations, including the GRDP, but also any other national or regional law relating to the protection of data that concerns you.
9. What cookies do we use and how can you prevent it?
Cookies are information that an Internet site can transfer to your browser and which is then stored in your computer system. For example, the deposit of cookies improves your online experience by enabling us to save your preferences.
- - compile statistics and determine traffic flow to improve the relevance and usability of the services that are offered to you;
- - provide you with tailored services and browsing by customising your user interface;
- - communicate data to other websites, media partners and social networks to provide you with promotional and advertising messages relevant to your interests (third-party cookies).
We may also collect your IP address in an abbreviated and non-readable form that does not enable us to identify you.
Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact your user experience and may prevent you from using part of our website.
Access to cookie center
If you want to configure your browser to disable the installation of cookies, you can follow the instructions below:
- - For Mozilla Firefox: select the Tools menu, then Options. Click on the Privacy icon, locate the Cookies menu and select your preferred options.
- - For Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 and later: Select the Tools menu, then Internet Options. Click on the Privacy tab and, using the slider, select the desired level.
- - For Opera 6.0 and later: In the File menu, select Preferences, then click Privacy and select the desired options.
- - For Safari: In the Safari menu, select Preferences, then click Security and select the desired options.
- - For Google Chrome: Select the Chrome menu, then select Settings and click Advanced Settings. In the Privacy section, choose Content Settings and in the Cookies section, you will be able to select your options.)
10. How to contact ERES for any questions concerning data protection
To exercise your rights, please send your request to our Customer Relations Department:
- - by post: addressed to Service Relations Clientèle ERES - 166, boulevard Voltaire 75011 Paris, France
- - by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- - by phone: by contacting ERES Customer Relations, from Monday to Friday, from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m, Paris time. Here are all the local phone numbers.
+33 9 78 46 99 96 (cost of a local call)
+44 808 196 0544 (toll free)
+1 855 906 5820 (toll free)
For all other countries, please contact the aforementioned numbers (cost of an international communication, according to your operator's current tariff).
Customer Relations Service
166, boulevard Voltaire 75011 France